Public Dogs Policy, Rules & Regulations
Dogs only. No other type of animals will be allowed into the Pet Expo.The $10 Dog ticket is required for entry and available onsite only. All proceeds will be donated to Pet Care Trust and the Pets in the Classroom Program.
AMERICA’S FAMILY PET EXPO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ADMISSION TO ANYONE AND ANY DOG AND THE RIGHT TO REVOKE ADMISSION TO ANYONE AND ANY DOG FOR ANY REASON – NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.
- The event is very crowded and your dog will be in close proximity with many other animals of all types plus a variety of sounds, smells, other people and small children. Only bring well behaved, fully vaccinated, non-aggressive dogs that will not become stressed in crowded, stimulating, and noisy environments.
- Dog breeds that have been cited by California statute or applicable state statutes as dangerous and/or vicious are prohibited from entry into the Pet Expo.
- One (1) dog per adult (18 years and older) is permitted. The adult must always be in control of their dog.
- All dogs must be a minimum of 6 months old and must be spayed/neutered.
- All dogs must be healthy, free from parasites and current with all core and noncore vaccinations including rabies, distemper (also known as DHLPP – Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Para influenza, Parvovirus vaccine) and Bordetella (kennel cough).
- Dogs must be licensed and wearing current tags.
- Dogs must be on a nonretractable leash (4’ or less) at all times or enclosed in a pet-friendly enclosure.
- If dog is removed from an enclosure, or enclosure is opened, dog must be on a leash.
- No logos or advertisements are allowed on the dog’s attire or enclosure.
- Dogs must use the designated potty areas and owners/handlers are required to clean up after their dog.
- You must be able to control your dog in a crowd and make sure that the dog is not aggressive or potentially harmful to a person or any another animal.
- Should your dog act in any way considered by Pet Expo staff to be aggressive or dangerous you will be asked to leave the Pet Expo and will not be entitled to any refund.
- Should any issues arise or you have any question/concerns while attending the Pet Expo, please go to the AFPE Show Office in The Hangar Building 18.
- The sale or negotiation for sale or adoption of any public dogs/pets brought in to the event is strictly prohibited on the show grounds, in the parking lot, or any adjacent areas during the Pet Expo. Anyone found violating this rule are subject to removal from the show without refund or credit.
- You understand and accept the potential risks involved in bringing your dog into the Pet Expoincluding, without limitation, exposures to the health and safety of your dog. America’s FamilyPet Expo and OC Fair & Event Center is not liable for any loss or injury to you, your dog, or your property.