Posted On: 04-18-2019
Don’t Miss the World’s First and #1 Stunt Dog Show at America’s Family Pet Expo!
As part of one of the many special events at America’s Family Pet Expo, captivating canines will soar, jump, and spin through the air at the All-Star Stunt Dog Show, the first and number-one-ranking “stunt dog show” in the world. Produced by Stunt Dog Productions, a family-owned business that has been mesmerizing audiences around the world since 1999, this action-packed show will feature dogs that have been rescued from pounds and shelters and have been expertly trained to unleash their astounding athletic abilities.
Stunt Dog Productions is led by husband-and-wife team, Chris and Suhey Perondi. With the help of some of the country’s preeminent dog trainers—and of course, amazing rescue pooches as their stars—Stunt Dog Productions has produced over 8,000 live shows and become one of the largest touring animal acts in the world. Each show is scripted and choreographed to music, as the dogs perform jaw-dropping tricks, gravity-defying stunts, dance routines, comedy antics, and more! Stunt Dog Productions’ shows also invite interactive audience participation, allowing viewers to get an up-close experience with these incredible canines.
Dogs appearing in the All-Star Stunt Dog Show have been trained using positive reinforcement methods, including toy motivation and the use of a clicker. The Perondis and their trainers understand that each dog has unique talents, signature moves and athletic abilities, so they strive to place the dogs in the segments where they will be most likely to excel. Due to their ever-popular performances, these special dogs have been featured on Animal Planet numerous times and have appeared as guests on national talk shows like “The Ellen Degeneres Show” and “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”
In addition to dazzling audiences with their dogs’ amazing agility, the mission of Stunt Dog Productions is to promote pet adoption, responsible pet ownership, and the importance of spaying and neutering. During each show, the human performers take time to educate audiences about this important mission. Stunt Dog Productions also supports various rescue organizations across the country.
To learn more about Stunt Dog Productions, visit http://www.stuntdogshow.com. Get ready to be amazed by the high-flying canines on display at the All-Star Stunt Dog Show at America’s Family Pet Expo!
Posted On: 04-16-2019
The Mission of America’s Family Pet Expo: Supporting the Pet Industry and Giving Back to the Pet Community
Each year, America’s Family Pet Expo draws tens of thousands of attendees with engaging exhibits, awe-inspiring shows, and fun contests. However, the purpose of the Pet Expo extends far beyond mere entertainment. Produced by the World Pet Association (WPA), America’s Family Pet Expo is a non-profit event with a mission of supporting the pet industry, uniting the pet community, and promoting animal adoptions. In fact, approximately 8,700 pets have found their fur-ever homes as a result of the Expo!
In order to maximize the beneficial impact of this event, WPA donates up to 70 percent of the Pet Expo event space each year. Additionally, WPA reinvests proceeds from the show back into the pet industry through the WPA Good Works program, which was created to help fund organizations that strive for the good of pets and the industry as a whole. Proceeds from the Pet Expo are used to support a variety of organizations, including:
- The National Animal Interest Alliance (NAIA). NAIA is an association of business, recreational, scientific, and agricultural interests dedicated to promoting animal welfare and fortifying the bond between humans and animals. NAIA members include some of the most highly respected animal professionals, advocates, and enthusiasts, as well as numerous pet owners, rescue groups, cat and dog clubs, breeders, trainers, veterinarians, and many other animal lovers.
- Protect Pet Choice Alliance. This group of pet industry companies and organizations, including WPA, aims to celebrate and promote responsible pet ownership, protect pet owners’ rights, ensure a sustainable supply of pets, enhance the industry’s commitment to breeding and animal care standards, and support meaningful legislative and regulatory initiatives regarding household pets.
- The Purdue University Voluntary Standards for Breeding Dog Care and Welfare. WPA is a founding sponsor of this initiative, which is designed to promote and continuously improve canine well-being by developing and testing rigorous, voluntary, and science-based standards for the care and welfare of breeding dogs. The program has also created a third-party auditing and certification process for breeders.
- In an effort to promote responsible bird ownership, WPA supports the Bird Enjoyment and Advantage Coalition (BEAK) and its myBird campaign, which aims to increase awareness of the joys and benefits of having a feathered friend.
- Pets in the Classroom. Established by the Pet Care Trust, Pets in the Classroom is an educational grant program that provides financial support to teachers for the purchase and care of small animals for the classroom. Since its inception in 2011, the program has awarded approximately 100,000 grants, enabling countless children to experience the educational, social, and developmental benefits of interacting with pets.
- Human Animal Bond Research Institute (HABRI). Founded in 2010, HABRI is a non-profit research and education organization that gathers, funds, and shares scientific research to demonstrate the positive health effects of companion animals. HABRI has created the world’s largest online library of human-animal interaction science and has funded over $2 million in research projects.
These are just a few examples of the important organizations and initiatives supported by WPA and America’s Family Pet Expo.
By participating in America’s Family Pet Expo, you are not just attending a fun and informative event—you are helping to secure the pet industry’s future and the well-being of the animals it serves! To learn more about the WPA Good Works program, please visit https://www.petexpooc.org/wpa-good-works/.
Posted On: 04-08-2019
Ausome Families of Orange County, an autism awareness and activities group, met up at the Marine Sciences aquarium at Orange Coast College for a special sneak preview of the Aquatic Experience at America’s Family Pet Expo. Led by student Aquarium Managers, guests enjoyed a close-up view of the hundreds of organisms, fish, invertebrates and aquatic plants cared for at the facility. During the hands-on event, everyone had the opportunity to touch a starfish, limpet and sea cucumber. Orange Coast College students will once again bring a collection of horn sharks, rays, sea stars, sea cucumbers and limpets to America’s Family Pet Expo, April 26-28 at the OC Fair & Event Center.