Posted On: 04-20-2015
America’s Family Pet Expo Experiences Record Attendance and Over 600 Adoptions
Thousands of Pet Lovers Made the America’s Family Pet Expo their weekend destination as the 26th Annual Expo was held at the OC Fair & Event Center
ORANGE COUNTY, CA – (April 20, 2015) Attendance numbers are in, and show organizers enthusiastically report that 45,000 guests visited the America’s Family Pet Expo (AFPE), held April 10-12 at the OC Fair & Event Center, showing a 5% increase from 2014. In addition, more than 600 dogs, cats – and even a few guinea pigs – were adopted into “forever homes” from AFPE’s Southern California animal rescue partner organizations.
“Every year, our goal is to offer new and exciting features to the show,” says Doug Poindexter, President of the World Pet Association, producers of the America’s Family Pet Expo. “We want every year to be a unique experience for our guests. This year, the Purina Pro Performance Dog Agility Team, a special appearance by Anaheim Police Department’s hero canine, Bruno, and Cook’s Racing Hogs and Dogs were definitely some of the fan favorites .”
More than 450 exhibitors at the Expo showcased the latest in pet products and pet trends, from designer outfits, must-have accessories such as a doggie treadmill, leashes to even the “purrfect” cat scratcher, the Expo defined itself as a one-stop destination for consumers to purchase specialty items for their pet.
“Our exhibitors offer products that are original, hard to find or are unique to the marketplace,” said Dave Williams, Vice President of Sales of the World Pet Association. “Which is why pet lovers travel from throughout Southern California to visit the show. We listen to their feedback and bring in exhibitors who reflect market demand.”
As always, the goal of the America’s Family Pet Expo is to educate consumers about choosing and caring for a pet that’s right for their family. Says Williams, “Our priority will always be to provide an all-inclusive event to promote responsible pet care whether your pet walks, flies, swims or slithers in a welcoming and exciting environment.”
Plans are already underway for the 27th America’s Family Pet Expo, April 29-May 1, 2016 at the OC Fair & Event Center. For more information, contact the World Pet Association at (626) 447-2222.
The America’s Family Pet Expo is created, produced and managed by World Pet Association, Inc., a 64-year-old nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting responsible pet care.
Posted On: 04-06-2015
America’s Family Pet Expo wants to welcome Street Mutts to the Expo. This first year exhibitor is new to the LA area and is an organization we invite you to learn more about.
Street Mutts, a non-profit organization, is dedicated to raising public awareness and improving educational programming related to the humane management of street animal in order to reduce overpopulation, control the spread of disease, and decrease instances of mistreatment. According to their website:
- Out of the estimated 500 million dogs in the world, up to 75% are strays (WSPA).
- Rabies remains a huge problem, especially in developing countries in Africa and Asia. it is estimated that over 55,000 humans die of rabies every year, and over 90% of human rabies infections are caused by a bite or scratch from an infected dog (GARC) – typically a street dog.
Street Mutts is not a rescue or shelter. They want to be the strategic arm that is attacking the problem at the source instead of treating the symptoms. While rescues and shelters works hard to save the lives of animals every day, Street Mutts hopes that with awareness, education, and programming, they can give hope, resources, and empowerment to the local organizations who are fighting to save animals’ lives. They want to create a world in which communities are empowered to create a harmonious existence for street animal populations within their communities, free from disease, violence, and the perils of overpopulation.
To learn more about Street Mutts, visit their website, streetmutts.com, or stop by their booth at the Expo. You can learn a lot of great information, see some gorgeous photos, join the movement, and sign up for a chance of win a professional photo shoot!
With the 26th annual America’s Family Pet Expo being right around the corner, we thought we would share with you some tips on how to make the most of our fun-filled event.
- Save time. Skip the line and purchase online! Visit www.petexpooc.org and purchase in advance.
- Download our app! Search your app store for America’s Family Pet Expo or open your web browser to http://www.chirpe.com/AFPE2015! Then you will have access to the event schedule, map, exhibitor list, and social media channels!
- Plan ahead. There are many great events and attractions happening throughout the weekend. Visit www.PetExpo.org and look at our schedule so you can make a rough agenda and ensure you catch all of the entertainment options you don’t want to miss.
- Make a list of questions. There will a lot of experts on-hand that would be happy to discuss any questions you might have. Prepare a list of questions so you can best utilize their knowledge.
- Make a shopping list. There will be a lot of vendors at the Expo selling great pet products at special show prices. Write down what you need so you don’t miss out on the good deals!
- Write down your pet’s measurements! Cage, collars, clothes…whatever you are looking to buy, you want to make sure you get the right size!
- We’re hoping for a fun-filled, sunny day so wear your sunscreen!
Have you been to America’s Family Pet Expo in the past and have a tip for other attendees? Visit our Facebook page and share it with us! Else, we’ll see you April 10-12 at the OC Fair & Event Center!