Adopting a Pet at America’s Family Pet Expo
Posted On: 04-14-2017
Every year, hundreds of animals find their forever homes at America’s Family Pet Expo. Last year alone, there were more than 500 animal adoptions including dogs, cats – and even a few guinea pigs – that were adopted from the Pet Expo’s Southern California animal rescue partner organizations.
But remember, choosing to adopt a pet is an important decision! When thinking about adoption here are a few things to consider:
- Do you have the time to take care of a pet? Most pets need some sort of socializing with the owner, exercise and play time, and every pet needs to be feed and cared for.
- Do you have room in your home for the pet?
- Are you prepared for years of friendship and the years of care? Dogs and cats can live 15 years or more.
- There are costs, too. Food, veterinary care and licensing (for animals like dogs and cats) are long-term expenses.
- Do you have children? Very young children and a new pet may not mix, especially when it comes to cats and dogs.
Be sure to consider these questions as you contemplate adding another member to your family! And stay tuned for our next blog on the Adoption Process!